Pre-punched, formed galvanised steel connector ideal for securing joist to hanging beams in conventional roof types
These pre-punched and formed galvanised steel timber connectors:
Are quick and easy to install.
Provide sufficient capacity for conventional roof types.
|Maximum ceiling load width, for Joist Tie with 2 nails per face (m)|
|Ceiling joist spacing||600 centres||900 centres||1200 centres|
- Maximum spans are based on the support of a maximum ceiling mass of 12kg/m2
- Roof loads shall not be strutted onto ceiling joists
- Minimum joint group to be JD5
- Ceiling Joist Design referring to Roof Design or AS1684.2-2010 or AS1684.3-2010
FIXING & BENDING
Joist Tie should be secured with minimum 2/30mm x 2.8Ø Multinail nails.
LIMIT STATE DESIGN LOAD
The following table shows the recommended Limit State Design capacities for Multinail Joist Tie.
- If required, two Joist Ties can be fixed to one ceiling joist - one each side of hanging beam. Capacity may then be doubled.
|Joint group||Capacity (kN) per Joist Tie|
|Dead load||Dead load + Wind Load|
|2 Nails||3 Nails||2 Nails||3 Nails|
DESCRIPTION AND PACKAGING
Manufactured from 1.0mm Galvanised G300 Z275 Steel
|Description||Product Code||Reference Code||Carton quantity||Carton kg.|
|30mm x 2.8Ø Multinail Nails (TA302)|